Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Flurry of Friends



After our first week in Milan, the excitement started picking up. My best friend from college flew out to stay with us for the week as a graduation gift from her parents. Immediately after she arrived, we headed to France for the weekend to spend the weekend at the beach (see my post on Nice and pictures of the trip). We came back Monday morning, and that night my sister's friend from college came to visit for a few days as well. We planned busy days so that Sarah and Emily could get the most out of their short visit. We spent Tuesday visiting the lake town of Stresa, and Emily's birthday was on Wednesday so we went shopping around Milan and went out for a big dinner at a Roman-style restaurant. Thursday we went to the Italian amusement park, called Gardaland. Then the girls had to leave, fly back out Friday morning, and we (my family and I) headed out in the afternoon for a week of traveling, to Montepulciano, Sorrento, and then Rome.