Friday, July 12, 2013

Milanese Living


I've decided to to a few retrospective posts to catch up on everything that has been going on since graduation. The first week in Italy was spent mainly in our apartment in Milan, spending time sightseeing, enjoying amazing cheese, and lots of wine.

Heading to Milan wasn't a completely random decision.. My parents moved to Italy temporarily for my dad's work in January 2013. My sister and I were unable to come with them, since we were both still at school, so we had to wait until we had finished with our semesters to visit them.

The first week in Milan was definitely relaxing. As I mentioned before, life this year has been pretty hectic, so  by the time we made it to Italy I was ready for a bit of a break. The amazing thing about spending a significant amount of time traveling (I am here for a full month) is that you can pace yourself, and you don't feel like you have to do as much touristy things as possible in a short amount of time.

My dad is at work all day so our days the first week passed by pleasantly. Mornings would consist of a breakfast of fresh fruit, bread, and cheese from the market that my mom would pick up before I woke up. Then we would set out to explore the city. Since my mom has been here since January, she has gotten to explore a lot and has wanted to take us to all of her favorite places. We did a lot of shopping, as well as pastry and pizza eating!

I've eaten so much cheese since arriving, but everything is so amazing it never feels like too much!